Resource Respawns - glitchy or removed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resource Respawns - glitchy or removed?

Post by Cymas on Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:09 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's noticed that certain areas rich in resources aren't spawning quite what they used to--when they spawn at all. I'm referring specifically to 2 areas. Crystal spawns on the volcano, and oil nodes on most icebergs. The crystal isn't a big deal, but the oil is. I went out on an oil run this morning and came back with more crystal than I did oil because of how few nodes I was finding. I had the same thing happen to me the other day as well; at first I chalked it up to someone else doing a run before me, but the second time was during a dead time for the server, it was literally me and 2 other people. This is somewhat worrisome to me, as with multiple generators that need constant fueling, the northern bergs are an important fuel source.

Has anyone heard anything about resource spawns being changed during the last patch, or is this perhaps an actual issue that needs to be investigated? Yes there are other spots that can be used, which I will should it be necessary, but I'm quite positive I'm not the only one who prefers to run the berg circuit for relatively easy and safe oil rather than risk the ocean depths or the dangers of the northern shores.
Cymas

Dino DNA : 297
Fossil Fuel : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resource Respawns - glitchy or removed?

Post by Astaroshe on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:11 am

Patchnotes did not state anything...if you know a location where they do not spawn anymore it would be interesting to check a newly started single player if they are still spawning there at all. it could be that they yet again changed resource spawns with the new updates
Astaroshe

Dino DNA : 244
Fossil Fuel : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BreakMeDown4 on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:59 am

I have noticed a few nodes that haven't spawned in around my place, but since it was just a few stone nodes it wouldn't have been very noticeable. I think maybe they shifted some resources over to the snow ex. and red peak.
BreakMeDown4

Dino DNA : 59
Fossil Fuel : 5
Location : The magical land of bipolar bears, beavers and CANNUCK MCFREEDOM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymas on Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:00 am

Doing some research.

https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/4q8ih3/icebergs_empty_since_update_v243/
https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/71202-no-more-crystals-at-volcano/

The TL;DR: it is indeed a problem caused by the map changes and will be fixed, but probably not until 244 because it would require some major fixing.
Cymas

Dino DNA : 297
Fossil Fuel : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DefectedZombie on Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Would decreasing the resource spawn rate to instant help?
DefectedZombie
Admin

Dino DNA : 295
Fossil Fuel : 12

View user profile http://www.slothservers.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top